At all times, pimples feel like a punishment from hell. They range from tiny inflammations to irritating pop-outs that look and feel like anthills. Not to mention, their formation process is utterly painful and their existence on our skin shameful. As if that is not enough, after healing they leave behind constant reminders in form of blemishes and marks. You see, to let you know they are not just simple nuisances but rather an uncontrollable force aiming at rewarding you with hyperpigmentation or erythema. Pimple scars are both a heath condition and an aesthetic concern. Often, the psychological and physical effects of the scars drive individuals into the internet with taglines such as; why do I have pimple marks, how to remove pimple marks, how to get rid of acne, etc.
Pimple marks are discolored blemishes or scars that are formed when damaged normal tissue is replaced by the fibrous tissue after physical injury or disease. Severity of marks manifests in various ways depending on the nature of injury or disease. Specifically, pimple marks result from several conditions but mostly acne. Traditionally, acne scars are defined using numerous descriptive terms but the common ones are; shallow, hypertrophic, undulation, distensible, ice pick and crater scars. The contemporary clinical practitioners often use clinical and histological factors to classify acne scars. The three basic categories of acne scars are;
- Icepick scars: these are narrow, deep, vertically extended cylindrical tracks.
- Boxcars scars: They range from rounded to oval-shaped depressions with sharp vertical edges. They are physically wider than icepick scars.
- Roiling scars: They have a wavy-like appearance are caused by dermal tethering
Post-inflammatory marks are dark spots that result from pimples that are not acne-related. Unlike acne scars, these one fade easily. When left alone, they take a period of about3-6 months to go away completely. However, the use of DIY remedies and tropical treatments accelerate the fading process.
Causes of Pimple Scars
Mostly, marks (particularly acne scars) result from inflamed lesion. Inflammations occur when the hair follicles are blocked by dead cells, bacteria, and excess oils. They cause damage from underneath the skin and their healing process leads to the formation of resistant blemishes
Pimple scars also occur when you interfere with the infected area. Needless to say, the temptation to pick a pimple can be quite irresistible. I know that tickling and overpowering feeling that takes control once a pimple makes its appearance. Often, rushing to the mirror to squeeze the pimple before it is noticed by others.
Preventing Pimple and Acne Scars
You will only need to learn how to remove pimple marks if ignore this fundamental section.
Avoid contact with the infected areas: Problem areas are prone to irritation when tampered with excessively. Squeezing the pimples constantly and allowing your hair to come into contact with the areas only leads to more build up. Often, hands and hair come into contact with dirty surfaces and they can easily transfer bacteria to the affected areas.
Choose the right facial scrubs: Facial scrubs are fundamental for removing dead skin, excess oils and buildups from the skin. However, if your skin is prone to breakage, it is important to ensure that you do not scrub it raw. Use light, soothing scrubs to avoid aggravating the infected areas. Here are examples of DIY body scrubs that you can try.
Mask frequently: Masks and clays will help you deal with pimples and acne firmly and conclusively. They are the real deal when it comes to deep cleansing. Mask once a week to remove excess oils from your skin.
Cleanse regularly: Sensitive skin should be cleansed regularly to remove pollutants and bacteria. Dermatologists recommend a twice-per-day routine. Use mild cleansers to avoid the harsh effects of regularly soaps. Acid cleansers such as benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid are also effective but they should be used in moderation.
Use toners: It is always important to a toner after cleansing your face. Facial cleansers have the tendency of opening the skin pores. A toner hinders bacteria and pollutants from infecting your skin by closing the pores.
Use water-based products: One of the primary causes of acne and pimples is excess oils. Therefore, you can prevent further breakage by steering off oil-based moisturizers.
Best Products to Remove Pimple and Acne Marks
Several procedures can be used to remove pimple and acne marks. However, I will only focus on DIY procedures and products.
Keeva Organics Tea Tree Oil for Acne Treatment
If you want to deal with acne, blackspots, and scars permanently, buy Keeva Organics Tea Tree Oil ASAP. It will restore your skin back and give it that innocent glow it deserves. The product consists active ingredients such as Tea Tree Oil, Argan Oil, Vitamin E, Olive Oil, Salicylic Acid, Sesame Seed Oil, White Willow Extracts, Rosehip Oil and Shea Butter.
How to Use
- Wash and rinse your face thoroughly
- Apply Keeva Organics Tea Tree Oil
- Repeat the procedure in the morning and at night
- Results begin to manifest after 48hrs
- Clears acne
- Detoxifies the skin
- It fade pimple marks and acne scars
- Controls sebum secretion
- Calms sensitive skin
- Calms redness
Aria Starr Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask
Aria Star mud mask will bring to heal all the pimples that have invaded your face. It is an awesome product that contains numerous natural ingredients that provide superior acne treatment. Additionally, its mineral component are rich in detoxifying and cleansing properties.
How to Use
- Clean your face thoroughly
- Apply a thin layer of the mask
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes (until it dries off)
- Rinse it off with warm water
- Repeat the procedure one or twice every week
- It extracts impurities and toxins from the deep layers of the skin
- It removes excess oils from the skin
- Clears acne and blackheads
- Removes dead skin cells
- Stimulates blood circulation in the skin
- Moisturizes dry and sensitive skin
ArtNaturals Dead Sea Mud Mask
Artnaturals mud mask can bring an unexpected turn to your battle with acne. It clears all forms of acne and pimples. Artnaturals mud mask is made of aggressive constituents that cleanse, detoxify and nourish skin.
How to Use
- Wash your face thoroughly
- Apply a thick layer of the mask
- Wait until it dries (around 10-15 minutes)
- Rinse off with warm water
- Exfoliates the skin
- Clears acne and blackheads
- Removes pollutants and dead cells from the skin
- Deep -cleanses the skin pores
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Fights eczema and dermatitis
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
Amara Organics Retinol Cream
Amara Organics Retinal Cream is one of the best moisturizers out there for clearing acne and pimple scars. The products brings together effective natural products such as Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, and Palm Oil. Retinal cream is effective for all skin types. It is also safe for use around the eye area.
How to Use
- Cleanse and tone your face
- Apply the product on the face and around the neck area
- Apply in the morning and at night to increase effectiveness
- This product requires you to use a sunscreen daily
- Clears scars and blemishes
- Treats acne and blackheads
- Fades away wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Reduces pigmentation
- Firms sagging skin
- Gives the skin a youthful glow
InstaNatural Vitamin C Skin Clearing Serum
This clearing serum beat down, acne, blackheads, and scars in no time. The key to acquiring flawless skin with this product is consistency. Tea Tree, Vitamin E, Rosemary, Hibiscus, Ylang Ylang, Lavender and Grapefruit peel are some of the natural ingredients that make up this effective serum.
How to Use
- Cleanse and tone your skin
- Apply a small amount and massage until it is absorbed completely
- Use a sun screen after applying the product during the day
- Clear breakouts and pimple marks
- Evens out skin tone
- Reduces dark circles, under-eye bags and fine lines
- Improves wrinkled skin
- Soothes irritated dry skin
- Improves skin texture
- Helps with hyperpigmentation
Amaki Jasmine & Rose nourishing oil
This oil is designed for use on all skin types. It provides incredible results for people with acne and pimple blemishes. The product is obtained for all natural ingredients that include Sweet Almond Oil, Rosehip Oil, Jasmine Oil, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Bergamot Oil, and Primrose Oil.
How to Use
- Wash your face
- Massage a small amount gently
- Incorporate it in your night regimen for fast results
- Alleviates acne
- Brightens complexion
- It makes the skin softer and smother
- Moisturizes the skin
- Improves scars and blemishes
Keep Calm and and learn how to remove pimple marks ☺