We all want to use hair oil treatment products that will leave us with electrifying results. Probably, you have been shunning coconut oil because tropical oils are not your thing, or you have paid attention to a lot of misconceptions that leave you confused. Perhaps you might have tried coconut oil but it did not work for you. Relax and have a long slow breath because this article might be your game changer. It is not all doom and gloom with coconut oil. There is a possibility that you have heard of the amazing and incredible health benefits of coconut oil. The magical powers of coconut were discovered by the ancient cultures where most parts of coconut tree were used for different purposes. Coconut oil was used for cooking, treating sensitive skin and moisturizing among others. Today, there are some parts of the world where coconut is perceived as the tree of life.
Coconut oil contains a unique category of saturated fats referred to as medium chain fatty acids that can lead to pronounced and fascinating health benefits for your skin and hair. Coconut oil hair treatment does wonders for the majority of its users. Consistency in application leaves the hair beautiful and luxurious. Besides adding shine to your hair it will facilitate its natural color and prevent premature graying. Coconut oil can also be useful for treating sensitive scalp and controlling dandruff.
Also read; best coconut oil hair masks
Why coconut oil and not readily available hair treatments?
Unlike most of the hair treatments that have flooded the cosmetics industry, coconut oil does not contain dangerous chemicals (silicon, alcohol, etc) that exasperate sensitive skin and damaged hair. Coconut oil is a natural product that provides outstanding results when used to treat a wide range of hair issues. The antifungal nature of coconut oil makes it suitable for sensitive and dandruff infected scalp. The oil reconditions dry, heat damaged, and over processed hair by penetrating the hair shaft rapidly. The penetrative nature of coconut oil allows inside out hair treatment. The quality of damaged hair improves dramatically and its texture is restructured. Overall, what should you expect with coconut oil treatment? Increased thickness and manageability, decreased breakage, shedding, tangling and splitting, and gleaming appearance.
Coconut oil hair treatment methods
- Clean your hair and apply a generous amount of coconut oil to your hair
- I would recommend between 1-3 teaspoons depending on the volume of your hair. Ensure that your hair and scalp are completely soaked but not dripping wet. Massage gently for a few minutes and cover with a shower cap.
- You can wait for as long as possible before washing out the oil but I recommend a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Consider doing this immediately after you wake up and wash it out when taking a shower. A better alternative is applying it before bed and wash it when leaving the house.
Coconut oil provides awesome results when used for hot oil hair treatment. Place a bottle of coconut oil in warm water or hold it under hot running water before working it in hair and scalp gently. A hot oil scalp massage with coconut oil improves oxygen delivery and blood circulation on your scalp. Consequently, the hair follicles are stimulated leading to faster hair growth.
- Coconut oil can be mixed with a variety natural products to create an effective hair treatment.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil with 1 egg York and 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Whisk the ingredients thoroughly until they are well mixed.
- Apply the mixture to clean dry hair and scalp and massage gently before covering your head with a shower cap.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for at least 2 hours before rinsing it out with warm water.
- Mix a quarter cup of coconut oil with 2 crushed almonds or a few drops of almond oil and warm the mixture before applying it on your hair.
- Cover your head with a towel and wait for thirty minutes or more before washing out.
- Take a handful of fenugreek seeds and boil them in 3 spoons of coconut oil.
- Allow the mixture to cool and apply it gently on your hair.
- Allow it to penetrate on your scalp for a few hours or overnight before shampooing.
This treatment method is impeccable for improved hair texture. However, it is not recommended for people with oily scalp.
You can treat your hair with coconut oil hair mask.
- Create a hair mask by mixing coconut oil with organic raw honey to soften and moisturize your hair.
- Mix equal portions of organic raw honey and melted coconut oil and apply it on your hair.
- Cover your head and wait for about an hour before washing out.
- Massage enough coconut oil on your hair and scalp.
- Blend or hand-mash one avocado and apply it on your hair tips.
- Allow the mixture to set for about half an hour before rising with warm water and shampooing.
You can use coconut oil to create a protein treatment that adds strength, shine, thickness and volume to your hair.
- Mix 2 egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of honey, ½ cup of coconut based conditioner 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 ripe bananas.
- Whisk or blend the ingredients until they form a smooth mixture and apply it on your hair and scalp.
- Let it sit for half an hour and rinse with cold water. This treatment provides excellent results for people with very fine hair.
Often, coconut oil is used for hair conditioning. Besides direct application to hair as a conditioner, you can add enough amount of coconut oil to your conditioners. When you add coconut oil to your leave-in conditioner, apply the mixture and enhance absorption by taking a walk in the sun. Weekly coconut oil hair treatment eliminates dandruff and protects the scalp against damage.
Best coconut oil for hair treatment
Pure, unrefined coconut oil provides the best hair treatment results. The oil contains many valuable nutrients because it’s free from any chemicals. You can add one or two drops of your favorite essential oil in case you are not a big fan of the coconut oil scent. Coconut oil provides compelling results for all hair types because it fortifies and binds moisture to the hair.
Undoubtedly, it is clear that coconut oil can be useful for treating healthy and damaged hair. Try it today and keep your hair stronger for the rest of your years. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.