Let’s talk about the ideal skin; smooth and supple, pimples free, no visible scars, even skin tone and visibly wrinkle free. The biggest question remains whether it’s truly possible to achieve such goals. The aesthetic function of skin is undeniable. Smooth flawless skin is everyone’s dream. It exudes confidence and makes the bearer feel and look beautiful. This probably explains the reasoning behind skincare and cosmetic products shopping trends of people. A considerable population worldwide is willing to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the latest, and most magical skin products to perfect the skin. Quite the contrary, the struggle for people with acne is more genuine. They move from hospitals, to the internet, and to home-made remedies all in the quest to know how to get rid of acne; a condition that constantly becomes an obstacle to their external beauty and beauty within.
Acne or rather acne vulgaris is a medical condition that involves the oil producing glands, and hair follicles found on the skin. Acne is characterized by a variety of skin inflammations including blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores, breakouts, pimples, bumps, zits and red spots. The areas commonly affected by acne include the forehead, chest, nose, arms, chin, back, and buttocks. Although anyone can get acne, it is dominant on people with oily skin. The progression of all types of acne results from increased oil production by the sebaceous glands and abnormal skin cells shedding in the hair follicles.
Fundamentally, understanding how to get rid of acne becomes easier when the emphasis is first placed on the causes of acne. Researchers believe that acne results from a combination of related factors. These factors can either be intrinsic or extrinsic in nature. Intrinsic circumstances are genetic and hormonal related issues while extrinsic factors are the internal and external stressors undergone by the victim. Medication and skin products are perfect examples of extrinsic factors.
The Dos and Don’ts
Develop Healthy Habits
Simple lifestyle changes can result to immeasurable benefits in your journey with acne. Visibly, your skin can become supple, soft and clearer. Primarily, avoid or minimize consumption of alcohol, soft drinks and cigarettes because they deteriorate the condition of your skin.
Manage Your Diet
If you want to forget about long-term medication and tropical skin care treatments, you need to make long-term changes in your diet. Most inflammatory skin disorders are aggravated by poor eating habits. Firstly, reflect back on the foods you are used to and identify the underlying problem. Most people are accustomed to dairy products, meat, and food products consisting of saturated fats. However, such foods should be eaten in moderation because they contain high levels of antibiotics and chemicals. Excess sugar and starchy carbohydrates can also lead to inflammation.
Cutting out unnatural foods and starchy carbohydrates will be the foundation of a healthy and youthful skin. Examples of such foods include processed sugar, processed foods, carbonated drinks, ready made juices, white rice, and potatoes. Fill the largest portion of your plate with vegetables. Blend fruits and vegetables regularly for easier digestion. Ensure that you eat a lot of dark-skinned fruits such as berries and red grapes because they rich in antioxidants. Prepare your food with healthy oils such as cold pressed organic coconut, and olive oils.
Foods with high concentration of iodine can aggravate acne.
Drink a Lot of Water Daily
Drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water daily will help improve the overall condition of your skin. Water enhances skin alkalinity thereby reducing the severity of inflammatory disorders.
Coffee does more harm than good to people suffering from acne. Replace your coffee with a cup or two of green tea daily. Green teas are rich in antioxidants thereby when combined with other treatment measures they can improve the condition of your skin.
Stress and tension can make your acne deteriorate. Whenever you are plagued with stressful situations, engage in activities that you love to avoid overthinking.
Cleanse Your Face Frequently
Cleansing your face thoroughly is vital particularly if you are suffering from acne. Wash your face frequently to remove impurities and bacteria.
Exercises contribute massively to healthy skin. Exercising regularly improves the transportation of essential oxygen and nutrients throughout the entire body. It also allows the body to flush out toxins more efficiently.
Seek Professional Advice
If your condition is severe, the most important thing is to seek medical treatment. Your dermatologist will analyze your skin condition and prescribe the best treatment regimen.
Best products to Get Rid of Acne
Aztec Secret Indian healing Clay
Aztec Secret Indian healing Clay is very effective for treating acne and blackheads. It is a power facial and pore cleaner. The product is made of natural calcium bentonite clay.
How to use
- Mix equal portion of the healing clay with water or apple cider vinegar in a glass or wooden bowl and stir to form a smooth paste
- Apply enough amount of the paste to the affected areas and allow it to dry
- Wash off the clay with warm water
- Removes dirt and pollutants from the skin pores
- Useful for intense skin cleansing
Pure Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask
This product is one of the best masks for radiant skin. It consists of Dead Sea minerals that pull impurities from the skin thereby improving its overall health. Other beneficial ingredients that make up the mask include jojoba oil, Aloe Vera, shea butter and sunflower oil. The product is used on the face as well as the rest of the body.
How to Use
Apply the mask generously on your target areas
Wait for about 15-20 minutes
Rinse off with warm water
- Treats acne, pimples, and blackheads
- Removes impurities and toxins from the skin
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Fades wrinkles, acne scars, and fine lines
- Reduces the size of skin pores
Radha beauty Dead Sea mud mask
Radha beauty Dead Sea mud mask is a thick, creamy mask that is used for face and body. It is rich in natural nutrients that leave the skin smooth and flawless. The key ingredients are Calendula oil, Dead Sea Minerals, Aloe Vera, Sun Flower oil, and Shea Butter. The product works more effectively when used with Retinol Moisturizer.
How to use
- Clean the targeted area thoroughly and apply the mask generously
- Let it dry and rinse it off with warm water
- Removes toxins and excess oil from the skin
- Unclogs skin pores
- Removes dead skin
Best Quality African Black Soap
This black soap by Incredible by Nature has magical healing powers. It is a fragrance- free bar that mainly consists of unrefined Shea Butter, Cocoa Pod. Natural Vitamin E, Palm Kernel Oil, and Coconut Oil. It is ideal for all skin types.
How to Use
- Cut a small piece of the soap and use water to make it wet
- Lather it with a cloth or a sponge
- Apply to the desired areas
- Treats acne and pimples
- Reduces the appearance of dark sports, dermatitis and wrinkles
- Improves skin oiliness
Humane Benzoyl Peroxide
Humane Benzoyl Peroxide is a highly effective product for treating acne. However, it can also lead to excessive dryness
How to Use
- Apply evenly to the affected areas and massage gently
- Wait for about 5 minutes before rinsing off
- Avoid contact with hair
- Clears acne and other forms of blemishes
- Effective exfoliant
- Prevents the formation of new breakouts
Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil
Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil is a multivitamin oil that leaves dry, blemish-prone, and super- sensitive skin nourished.
How to use
- Spread 2-3 drops on your face and massage gently
- Mix with fractioned coconut oil for maximum absorption
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and inflammations
- Minimizes the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines
- Strengthens nails
- Reduces skin dryness and flakiness
- Fades away stretchmarks
Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel
The gel is obtained from cold-pressed organic Aloe Vera. It is ideal for all skin types and it can also be used for hair.
How to Use
- Apply gently on the desired areas and allow it to sit for as long as possible
- Soothes itchy and irritated skin
- Eliminates dandruff
- Clears acne and acne blemishes
- Conditions hair
- It is an effective aftershave
- Relieves dry skin
- It can be used on pets
Majestic Pure Rosehip Oil
This cold pressed oil is harnessed from Chilean rose hip seeds. It is a powerful healer for distressed skin.
How to Use
- Apply 2-3 drops on the targeted area and massage gently
- Repeat the procedure twice or thrice a day
- You can blend it with a carrier oil before application
- Clears acne and scars
- Treats and softens nails
- Clears stretch marks
- Removes dandruff
- Soothes irritated and sensitive skin
- Repairs dry skin
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Minimizes the appearance of wrinkles
InstaNatural Rose Water Facial Toner
InstaNatural Rose Water is obtained from the damask rose of Morocco. Undoubtedly, it is one of the products that you need to alleviate acne. The product is rich in Vitamins and antioxidants. It is ideal for all skin types.
How to Use
- Use a cotton pad to apply it on the desired area
- Alleviates acne
- Clears scars and blemishes
- Reduces skin oiliness
- Can be used as a makeup setting spray
- Removes makeup
- Moisturizes the skin
- Improves skin tone
InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
Instanatural Vitamin C Cleanser is a multipurpose skincare product. It is rich in natural antioxidants thus ideal for a variety of skin conditions.
How to Use
- Remove makeup and dampen your skin with water
- Apply a small amount of the cleanser to the skin
- Massage gently to form lather
- Rinse with warm water
- Prevents the renewal of blackheads and blemishes
- Fades the appearance of wrinkles
- Boosts skin complexion
- Makes the skin appear more youthful
From here on, I believe you have several ideas of how to get rid of acne. You don’t have to see results overnight; just keep calm and take one step at a time 😉